Yacht Charter in Brighton
We provide bareboat and skippered sailing boat charters aboard our yachts in Brighton, the Solent and Barcelona. You can also charter our yachts for any racing events in the UK (we participate yearly in Round the Island Race and Royal Escape) or Barcelona, Spain.
Our yachts are superbly equipped, well maintained and cleaned before your charter. Our friendly and professional staff onshore and aboard the yachts offer a personal and professional service and will be happy to assist you in making your charter a truly memorable experience.
Our bases in Brighton, the Solent and Barcelona are ideal for sailing and located in marinas that offer a wide choice of shops, restaurants and bars to make the most of your sailing charter.
Whether you are looking for a day, weekend, week or longer, for a bareboat charter, skippered charter or a corporate sailing event, we have yachts in wonderful locations to suit you. With our flexible approach we can tailor the charter to suit your destination, needs and requirements.
Great sailing experience and a fun adventure.
- If you are taking a bareboat charter you will need your RYA Dayskipper or your PER
- We require one RYA Competent Crew onboard to help the Dayskipper
- One person onboard needs to hold the VHF license
You can charter for a few hours, for a day, or for a week
Brighton Marina, the Solent or Barcelona
Charters are run from Febuary to the end of November.
Please call us to discuss your charter requirements on 01273 42 48 42 option 1 or email us.
Booking terms and conditions apply and rebooking fees are charged for cancellations made with less than 4 weeks notice.
Book Your Session
Lagoon Watersports @ Brighton Marina
We have two centres in Brighton. This activity take place from Lagoon Watersports in Brighton Marina DO NOT go to Lagoon Watersports, Hove Lagoon. If you are taking a taxi please make this clear to the driver.
Finding Lagoon Watersports once you are in Brighton Marina
Head towards the waterfront where you will see all the cafes and restaurants. Walk to the end of the boarded walk way where there will be a large bridge heading down towards the pontoons. We are the first set of pontoons on the right. Pontoon 6.
To Brighton Marina by car
Approaching the marina from the A27 take the B2123. Turn right at first set of traffic lights, signposted Brighton Town Centre, Racecourse and Marina Village. Turn left at second set of traffic lights, pass the Racecourse and follow the signs for the Marina Village where there is free parking for 1500 cars in the multi-storey car park. From the car park you can either go across a linking bridge on level 6 or from the ground floor of the car park towards all the waterfront cafes and bars. Walk to the end of the boarded walk way where there will be a large ramp heading down towards the pontoons. We are the first set of pontoons on the right. Pontoon 6.
Brighton and Hove bus service operates a number 7 bus approximately every 15 minutes 24 hours a day, from Brighton Town Centre (North Street or Queens Road), to the Marina Village.
Brighton Marina has a bike share station which is either pay per minute or a yearly membership, go to https://www.btnbikeshare.com for more information. For your own bike, racks are available on the main concourses of the pontoons. You must use the racks and not leave bikes on the pontoons otherwise Premier Marina will take them away.
Brighton Marina is a pleasant walk along the seafront from the centre of Brighton, it is 20 minutes walk from the main West Pier. During the summer you will also find the Volks electric railway operates along the front.
The nearest main line station is Brighton with regular connections to Chichester, Portsmouth and London is under an hour away. nationalrail.co.uk
Brighton is within easy reach of Heathrow and Gatwick international airports. Follow the A23 from Gatwick to Brighton. Shoreham airport is also available for private light aircraft.
What to Bring
- Be prepared for changeable weather, bring plenty of layers
- Quick drying clothes can be very practical, avoid jeans
- Sunglasses, sunhat and suncream for summer months and woolly hats, thermals and layers for winter months
- Deck boots and non-slip deck shoes or trainers that don’t mark
- If you have your own waterproofs jacket please bring them, or you can borrow ours
- If you are worried or unsure whether you suffer from seasickness then pills and wrist-bands work well. Don’t arrive on an empty stomach and take tablets with breakfast if you have never been sailing on the sea before, sometimes the motion takes a while to get used to
- If you are chartering for more than a day, please contact us and we can advise you what to bring
Our Coastal Membership Club gives you unique and exciting opportunities out on the sea from Brighton Marina. Our aim is to offer people easy access to boating without all the hassles and fees of owning a boat.
- Practice sailing on a regular basis and improve upon your skills
- Access to yachts, keel boats and jet skis
- Attend our weekly RYA Instructor led clinics and social events
- Partake in mile building, yacht trips or racing events
- Meet new people that you can sail with
- Get out on the water independently or as part of a team
- Introduce friends and family to the sport
- 15% Discount on RYA Training Courses
When you make a booking with us we assign staff and equipment to deliver the booking. That means we are unable to offer that space to anyone else.
If you cancel that space we are likely to incur a loss. We will have already made commitments to staff and we may have turned away other bookings. We are unable to get insurance that covers us for this loss.
We therefore do not offer refunds for cancellations. If we did not do this we would have to put up our prices for everyone.
Our cancellation policy applies in all circumstances including no shows, illness, relocation, transport failure and bereavement.
Course Cancellation Insurance
You can take out insurance to cover the cost of your course against cancellation through CancelSure. Guide cost is £12 for the first £100 of cover and then £6 per additional £100 of cover.
- If you pay by credit card your cancellation may be covered by your credit card provider.
- Consider taking out course cancellation insurance.
- Your holiday insurance may cover you for course where you stay on our boats.
Please see our full Booking Terms and Conditions
You may cancel your course/event at any time. Written notification from the Lead Name in your group is required. Cancellation will only be accepted on payment of the cancellation charges as set out below. The following cancellation fees apply :
• More than 8 weeks before course/event – loss of deposit
• Less than 8 weeks before course/event – 100% of price of course/event
At our discretion, we may allow a forfeited deposit to be used towards an alternative course/event run by us or the same course on an alternative date. In each case, such a booking will be at the price prevailing at the time of re-booking and subject to an admin charge of £25 for courses over £150 and £10 for courses under £150. In these circumstances we offer significant discounts on rebooking within 12 months.
The discount is based on how much notice was given for the booking cancellation and non discounted course rates:
• More than 4 weeks before course/event – 90% discount on full brochure rates
• 2- 4 weeks before course/event – 75% discount on full brochure rates
• 13 days – 72 hours before course/event – 50% discount on full brochure rates
• 72 hours or less – 25% discount on full brochure rates
For example if you book a course worth £200 and need to change the date of that course:
4 weeks notice this will cost you an additional £20
2 weeks notice this will cost you an additional £50
3 days notice this will cost you an additional £100
24 hours notice this will cost you an additional £150
Postponement by us due to bad weather
On some occasions courses may need to be postponed due to bad weather. In these circumstances we will offer you alternative dates, no refund will be available.
On some occasions group events may need to be postponed due to bad weather. In these circumstances we will offer you alternative dates.
If you are unable or unwilling to accept these new dates then we will refund you the full cost of the course less 15%.
Was most impressed with Will Lowes, the skipper. He had a very relaxed, though efficient and professional, manner and managed extremely well the range of ages and experiences on board.
We had a fantastic 2-hour sailing cruise on a beautiful sunny day, although the wind was very disappointing! Great staff and boat. Highly recommended.
I used Lagoon to take a friend and I out for a couple of hours sailing. We found them very friendly and helpful throughout our time. They were very professional and gave us good advice about subsequent courses etc. I would definitely recommend them.
My friends and I went down to the Brighton Marina Watersports a few times to learn how to sail on keelboats. Our instructors were very helpful, very friendly and relaxed. There is a good selection of boats to rent / classes to take at a reasonable price.