Learn to Windsurf with our RYA Start Windsurfing Package at Hove Lagoon, Brighton, East Sussex.
Our RYA Start Windsurfing Package is designed to give complete beginners and those with some previous experience a thorough introduction to windsurfing. Using beginner boards and lightweight rigs, you will learn all the basic windsurfing techniques from one of our experienced and friendly instructors.
The course takes place in the shallow and sheltered waters of Hove Lagoon, which is an ideal learning environment for those new to windsurfing.
Course Content Includes:
• Balance on a board.
• Set up equipment and how to use it.
• Windsurf in a straight line.
• Steer the board.
• Turn around (up wind and down wind).
• Sail back to where you started.
Start Windsurfing Package at Lagoon Watersports:
• Suitable for complete beginners. We train everyone from kids to grandparents!
• Modern lightweight kit, expert tuition and waist deep water makes Lagoon Watersports the best place to learn.
• Master the basics of how to control and steer a windsurf board.
• Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 6 people.
• Run by highly experienced and friendly RYA instructors.
• All specialised equipment is provided, including wetsuits.
• Great club house with changing rooms, hot showers and licensed cafe.
The course includes 2 x half days training plus 2 x club practice sessions which include training and equipment hire. We recommend you complete the course over the same weekend, however you are welcome to choose the second part of the course to be on another weekend.
Course Objective: At the end of the course you will be able to windsurf in light winds to a chosen point and return to where you started. Those that have reached a certain level of competency will receive the RYA Start Windsurfing certificate. This will enable you to hire windsurfing equipment at most RYA centres in light winds.
More information: Why you should start windsurfing
To progress your windsurfing skills and get out onto the sea, we would advise taking the Intermediate Non-Planing Course, which is the follow on course to Learn to Windsurf. Book with this course and save £50.
Prerequisites: Aimed at complete beginners and those with some previous experience.
Where: Hove Lagoon.
What to Bring: Towel and swimwear. Wetsuit, buoyancy aid and equipment hire is included.
Booking terms and conditions apply and rebooking fees are charged for cancellations made with less than 4 weeks notice.
“Really patient instructor and explained things really well and clearly. Absolutely brilliant fun, a must do”
” Wasn’t expecting so much time on the water and to be able to do so much”