Move your windsurfing to the next level and get control of the board and sail with the Improvers Windsurf Course. The course is aimed at those that can get up windsurfing and move along but have yet to master basic turns and staying upwind.
You will learn all these fundamental windsurfing techniques from one of our experienced and friendly RYA instructors. The course takes place in the shallow and sheltered waters of Hove Lagoon, which is an ideal learning environment for those new to windsurfing.
• Master steering
• Turn around both upwind (Tack) and down wind (Gybe)
• Windsurf up wind and down wind
• Modern lightweight kit, expert tuition and waist deep water makes Lagoon Watersports the best place to learn.
• Master the basics of how to control and steer a windsurf board.
• Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 6 people.
• Run by highly experienced and friendly RYA instructors.
• All specialised equipment is provided, including wetsuits.
• Great club house with changing rooms, hot showers, lockers and licensed cafe.
The course includes 1 x half days training plus two club practice sessions which include training and equipment hire.
Course Objective: At the end of the course you will be able to windsurf in light winds to a chosen point and return to where you started. Those that have reached a certain level of competency will receive the RYA Start Windsurfing certificate. This will enable you to hire windsurfing equipment at most RYA centres in light winds.
More information: Learning to windsurf is not difficult – just challenging.
To progress your windsurfing skills and get out on to the sea, we would advise taking the Intermediate Non-Planing Course, which is the follow on course to Learn to Windsurf.
What is not included: Unless you have bought the Start Windsurfing RYA Package the log books and certificates are not included in the price and can be added for an additional £10.
Prerequisites: Can get up and windsurfing. Between 2 and 4 hours previous windsurfing experince.
Where: Hove Lagoon.
What to Bring: All you need to bring is an old pair of shoes you don’t mind getting wet, towel and swimwear. Wetsuit, buoyancy aid and equipment hire is included.
Booking terms and conditions apply and rebooking fees are charged for cancellations made with less than 4 weeks notice.
“Perfect way to spend a weekend”
“Well planned out, great instructors, great environment – will come back!”