This is an Ideal time during the winter for any person keen on watersports, including Dinghy or Yacht Sailors, Power-boaters and Jet Skiers, sea anglers or divers to complete the Essential Navigation and safety course. We all love our particular activities on the water, with a constant changeable environment and all the challenges it presents.
As the name suggests this course offers a great introduction to navigation and safety awareness for all water users and those wanting to refresh their skills. This course also works well in complementing our on-the-water training, such as the Powerboat Level 2, Start Yachting and Helmsman courses.
Accessing the online course is simple! Once you have booked with us we will send you a username and password to start online training. An instructor will be on hand to help with queries during the course via email or phone.
Duration: 10 hours online with an exam at the end.
Included: Navigation pack, plotters and dividers and handbook. An instructor will also be a contact point to help you if required.
1. Flexibility – anytime, anywhere and at your own speed
2. Suitable for all – new crews through to budding skippers
3. Safety essentials – all the essential knowledge for going afloat
4. Simplicity – easy to use, interactive and full of great graphics
5. Supporting your knowledge – an ideal accompaniment to your practical course
6. Stepping stone – a great starting point for more advanced courses
7. Real skills – use real skills alongside online technology
8. Best advice – written by top RYA instructors, created by award winning designers
9. Learn it, try it, test it – practice what you’ve learnt before taking the test
10. Be part of it – the RYA’s 1st fully interactive online course