Join Lagoon Watersports for an intensive 13 week training course, which will take you from an inexperienced sailor to a professional skipper – ready to take on yachts of up to 200 gross tonnes.
On this course you will gain an incredible 2,500 miles of sailing experience in varied conditions and locations, all of which will prepare you to become a competent skipper ready to tackle the challenges of any sea conditions. Our course entails sailing across the English Channel, navigating the shallow waters of The Solent and long passages in the sun from Barcelona and around the Balearic Islands.
What’s different about us?
Unlike fast-track courses from other schools you will also gain Keel Boat experience, learn how to sail with spinnakers and also gain your powerboat qualifications, ensuring you are an excellent all-round skipper.
Working in the Industry
In order to offer our budding skippers a great start in the industry, Lagoon Watersports has teamed up with Neilson Holidays to offer an interview after the successful completion of the course. The jobs that are open to the newly qualified skippers are Yacht Trainer, and Yacht Flotilla First Mate in exotic locations around the world!
Why Choose Lagoon Watersports?
• 20 years experience running a very successful sailing school
• Excellent opportunities for employment, with career advice and networks
• Fantastic locations – we have our own boats based in Brighton, Gosport and Barcelona
• Includes membership with free unlimited hire of our dinghies and keel boats
• Free bareboat yacht charter to practice skills learnt
• Opportunity to gain work experience within a busy centre on days off
For more information please call us on 01273 424842 opt.1 or Email Us