When you make a booking with us we assign staff and equipment to deliver the booking. That means we are unable to offer that space to anyone else.
If you cancel that space we are likely to incur a loss. We will have already made commitments to staff and we may have turned away other bookings. We are unable to get insurance that covers us for this loss.
We therefore do not offer refunds for cancellations. If we did not do this we would have to put up our prices for everyone.
Our cancellation policy applies in all circumstances including no shows, illness, relocation, transport failure and bereavement.
Course Cancellation Insurance
You can take out insurance to cover the cost of your course against cancellation through CancelSure. Guide cost is £12 for the first £100 of cover and then £6 per additional £100 of cover.
- If you pay by credit card your cancellation may be covered by your credit card provider.
- Consider taking out course cancellation insurance.
- Your holiday insurance may cover you for course where you stay on our boats.
Please see our full Booking Terms and Conditions
You may cancel your course/event at any time. Written notification from the Lead Name in your group is required. Cancellation will only be accepted on payment of the cancellation charges as set out below. The following cancellation fees apply :
• More than 8 weeks before course/event – loss of deposit
• Less than 8 weeks before course/event – 100% of price of course/event
At our discretion, we may allow a forfeited deposit to be used towards an alternative course/event run by us or the same course on an alternative date. In each case, such a booking will be at the price prevailing at the time of re-booking and subject to an admin charge of £25 for courses over £150 and £10 for courses under £150. In these circumstances we offer significant discounts on rebooking within 12 months.
The discount is based on how much notice was given for the booking cancellation and non discounted course rates:
• More than 4 weeks before course/event – 90% discount on full brochure rates
• 2- 4 weeks before course/event – 75% discount on full brochure rates
• 13 days – 72 hours before course/event – 50% discount on full brochure rates
• 72 hours or less – 25% discount on full brochure rates
For example if you book a course worth £200 and need to change the date of that course:
4 weeks notice this will cost you an additional £20
2 weeks notice this will cost you an additional £50
3 days notice this will cost you an additional £100
24 hours notice this will cost you an additional £150
Postponement by us due to bad weather
On some occasions courses may need to be postponed due to bad weather. In these circumstances we will offer you alternative dates, no refund will be available.
On some occasions group events may need to be postponed due to bad weather. In these circumstances we will offer you alternative dates.
If you are unable or unwilling to accept these new dates then we will refund you the full cost of the course less 15%.