Kids watersports for ages 6+. Sail, Windsurf, Wakeboard, SUP, Kayak. Tuition, hire and Club. More info…
Fun and exhilarating activities for Stag/ Hen groups, Team Building Company days, Schools, Community groups & Language Schools. More info…
“I have had a brilliant time with you all this season and I wanted to share with the world what a great place you are. Where is the best place for me to let everyone know how great you are.”
“Thank you so much to all the staff that made our activities on Saturday so much fun! Honestly, it was incredible.”
“We were so impressed with Dom’s instruction and the children all had a brilliant time. Nick ensured that everything ran smoothly from start to finish and we were really impressed with the level of organisation that went into providing an excellent session for our children.”
We wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you and the whole Lagoon Watersports Team who were awesome; my team had a really lovely day and everyone participated as much or as little as they wanted which was perfect, the BBQ was great.
Start Your Adventure…
Lagoon Watersports @ Hove Lagoon
We have two centres in Brighton please make sure you head to the correct one. This activity take place at Hove Lagoon, Kingsway, Hove, East Sussex BN3 4LX. You may find the Journey Planning web site useful.
We do not have our own car park. There is parking within 150m of Hove Lagoon on Wharf Road opposite Hove Lagoon. There is also metered parking on the southside of the A259 Kingsway.
There is free parking in the residential area to the north of the A259 Kingsway. There are some resident parking restrictions at certain times of the day on these roads. Please check restrictions when parking.
We have a cycle parking area, don’t forget your lock
Brighton and Hove Bus company : Route 1, 1A, 6
This service travels along Church Road which is about 3 minutes walk north of the seafront. Get off at the Wish Road or Brittany Court stops. This service runs from Brighton Station or Churchill Square. If you have arrived at Hove Station you need to walk directly south to Church Road where you can meet this service.
Coastliner 700 service. Stage Coach
National Rail enquiries: 08457 484950 www.nationalrail.co.uk
We recommend travelling to Portslade station (1 mile from us ) or Hove station (2 miles from us) Brighton station is 3 miles from us.
National Express runs many routes to Brighton. Brighton coach station in near the pier which is about 3 miles from us.
May to end August 0800-2000
Rest of year 0900-1700
Wednesday – Friday (12:00-18:00)
May – to end of August :
Monday to Friday (10:00-21:00 or 1 hour before dark)
Monday to Friday (12:00-20:00 or 1 hour before dark)
Wednesday to Sunday (12:00-18:00 or 1 hour before dark)
Saturdays (10:00-approximately 1 hour before dark)
December to March – please call to check if open and times
Last hire is approximately one hour – 90 minutes before close
The water quality in Hove Lagoon is independently tested regularly during the summer season as part of the Brighton and Hove City Councils seafront beach water quality testing. Lagoon Watersports opened in 1994 , since that date the water in Hove Lagoon has passed every one.
Independent water quality test results from 2017 testing
- Natural algae growth occurs in the Lagoon. This algae can look unpleasant particularly when it blows to one corner of the Lagoon. It is harmless. It is NOT blue/green algae that fresh water lakes can suffer from.
- Sometimes there is a smell. This smell is caused by the natural process of the algae.
- Brighton and Hove City Council treat the water with an organic substance to help suppress the algae growth.
- The water in the Lagoon is sea water rather than fresh water which prevents some common water quality issues that lakes suffer from.
- The Lagoon is topped up with fresh seawater every few days.
- The Lagoon is very shallow so the sun can penetrate to the bottom.
- There is a high level of evaporation and leakage in the Lagoon.
- The sea water that goes into the Lagoon meets all bathing test requirements.