Company Team Building Event Brighton
Company Team Building Event Brighton
Great fun with a bit of competition, suitable for everyone
This is a great event for large groups of 30 – 400 people. The Ultra Team Building Challenge is a great fun, competitive land and waterbased event. It is suitable for all ages, and no previous experience of any of the activities is required.
All equipment and tuition is provided.
- Divide into teams of about 4- 10 people
- Each team will compete head to head in a series of land and water challenges
- Points are scored for each activity and totalled up at the end to give a winning team.
- The event ends with a prize giving
Example Team Challenges
- Ringo zip wire race challenge – team members are towed on a ringo across the water carrying a vessel of liquid, the objective is the team with the most liquid at the end is the winner.
- Kayak water polo – team v team event – most goals wins !
- Standup paddleboard technical race – getting 1st over the line isn’t enough, it’s a team effort, make sure you leave no one behind.
- Sailing challenge – the team pair up and guide their sail boat around a slalom course accumulating team points as they cross the line.
- Surf relay – team members paddle the torch in a relay style race.
- Crazy golf challenge – remain calm, every shot counts!
- Raft build – all aboard! design and build the race winning raft, knot skills are essential or the crew could float away!
- Land based team challenges performed on the beach.
- Lagoon derby raft racing
- Log rolling challenge
“I just wanted to say thank you again to you and your team for the fantastic job you did organising our activity. Your set up is so professional and run so well. The Partners had an amazing time. In fact the feedback was ‘it was better than last year’s activity.”
I really loved the kayak polo, but I think the ringo was the biggest hit with everyone.
All your team were superb, and everything went really smoothly.
We’d definitely like to come back and do more.
Fun, different and competitive team event.
Water confident, swimmer for wakeboarding
Three hours is the most popular option but we can offer 2 hours to full day sessions
Hove Lagoon, BN3 4LX
Please contact us to check availability.
Please call 01273 42 48 42 option 2 or email us.
Booking terms and conditions apply and rebooking fees are charged for cancellations.
We have two centres in Brighton please make sure you head to the correct one. This activity take place at Hove Lagoon, Kingsway, Hove, East Sussex BN3 4LX. You may find the Journey Planning web site useful.
Cycling : We have a cycle parking area, don’t forget your lock
Car Parking : We do not have our own car park. There is parking within a 150m of Hove Lagoon on Wharf road opposite Hove Lagoon. Or there is metered parking on the southside of the A259 Kingsway.
There is free parking in the residential area to the north of the A259 Kingsway. There are some resident restrictions on roads East of Saxon Road. These do not apply to roads west of Saxon Road.
Bus : Brighton and Hove Bus company : Route 1, 1A, 6
This service travels along Church Road which is about 3 mins walk north of the seafront. Get off at the Wish Road or Brittany Court stops. This service runs from Brighton Station. If you have arrived at Hove Station you need to walk directly south to Church Road where you can meet this service.
Coastliner 700 service. Stage Coach
Train : National Rail enquiries: 08457 484950 www.nationalrail.co.uk
We recommend travelling to Portslade station (1 mile from us ) or Hove station (2 miles from us) Brighton station is 3 miles from us.
National Express run many routes to Brighton. Brighton coach station in near the pier which is about 3 miles from us.
What to Bring
Swimwear: To wear under the wetsuit and impact vests which are provided.
Towel: We have hot showers so you will need a towel to dry yourself off at the end of your session.
Bag: To put your wet things in.
Other stuff: Suitable clothing for the weather on the day. Sunscreen, layers in case the wind gets up, anorak or waterproof jacket.
What Not to bring
Valuables. We have free lockers in the changing rooms but better safe than sorry.
Health and safety
We have public liability insurance for £10,000,000
Risk assessments can be emailed to you.
We are inspected by the the RYA, BWSW and LOtc.
All staff are training to NGB standards.
Any staff that work with children are DBS checked
When you make a booking with us we assign staff and equipment to deliver the booking. That means we are unable to offer that space to anyone else.
If you cancel that space we are likely to incur a loss. We will have already made commitments to staff and we may have turned away other bookings. We are unable to get insurance that covers us for this loss.
We therefore do not offer refunds for cancellations. If we did not do this we would have to put up our prices for everyone.
Our cancellation policy applies in all circumstances including no shows, illness, relocation, transport failure and bereavement.
Course Cancelation Insurance
You can take out insurance to cover the cost of your course against cancellation through CancelSure. Guide cost is £12 for the first £100 of cover and then £6 per additional £100 of cover.
If you pay by credit card your cancellation maybe covered by your credit card provider.
Consider taking out course cancellation insurance.
Your holiday insurance may cover you for course where you stay on our boats.
• More than 8 weeks before course/event – loss of deposit
• Less than 8 weeks before course/event – 100% of price of course/event
At our discretion, we may allow a forfeited deposit to be used towards an alternative course/event run by us. In each case, such a booking will be at the price prevailing at the time of re-booking and subject to an admin charge of £25 for course over £150 and £10 for course under £150.
In these circumstances we offer significant discounts on rebooking within 12 months.
The discount is based on how much notice was given for the booking cancellation and non discounted course rates:
• More than 4 weeks before course/event – 90% discount on full brochure rates
• 2- 4 weeks before course/event – 75% discount on full brochure rates
• 13 days – 72 hours before course/event – 50% discount on full brochure rates
• 72 hours or less – 25% discount on full brochure rates
For Example if you book a course worth £200 and need to change the date of that course:
4 weeks notice this will cost you an additional £20.
2 weeks notice this will cost you an additional £50
3 days notice this will cost you an additional £100
24 hours notice this will cost you an additional £150
Postponement by us due to bad weather
On some occasions courses may need to be postponed due to bad weather. In these circumstances we will offer you alternative dates, no refund will be available.
On some occasions group events may need to be postponed due to bad weather. In these circumstances we will offer you alternative dates.
Please make sure you have read our full booking terms and conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
Company groups at Lagoon Watersports:
- Over 23 years experience in group events
- Right on the sea front less than 3 miles from the Brighton Pier.
- Unique location of Hove Lagoon – safe, shallow sheltered Lagoon right by the sea.
- Groups from 4 – 400 people.
- Run by highly experienced and friendly instructors.
- All specialised equipment is provided, including wetsuits.
- Activities suitable for those with no previous experience.
- Great clubhouse with changing rooms, hot showers, hair dryers and lockers.
- Licensed cafe offering great coffee, BBQ’s, snacks and a view of the activities
- Free WiFi