Learning to Stand up Paddleboard ( SUP ) at Hove Lagoon Brighton is the perfect way to start SUPing. Success is guaranteed. Everything is provided, all you need to do is turn up ready for a great experience.
As you become more confident a whole world of paddling opens up including coastal, lake and river touring, racing and even SUP surfing.
Your session will start with a brief on land demonstration of how to get up on the board and then it will be time to get on the water!
• Kneeling and standing up on the paddleboard
• Self rescue and safety techniques
• Basic turns
• Paddle techniques
• Flat water paddling techniques
• How to carry the equipment
• Be aware of different conditions and the environment
• Run by experienced and friendly BSUPA instructors
• All specialised equipment is provided, including wetsuits
• Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 6 people
• Perfect learning location of Hove Lagoon combining shallow and flat water right next to the sea which we will paddle on if conditions are suitable
• Great Clubhouse with changing rooms, hot showers, lockers and a licensed cafe.
Course Objective: You will be able to paddle the SUP with a degree of confidence in all directions on calm water.
More information: Find out about the pleasure of SUPing
Prerequisites: None, this course is aimed at complete beginners. Non swimmers please advise us in advance.
What to bring: Swimwear, towel and something to wear on your feet in the water. Wetsuit, buoyancy aid and SUP equipment hire is included.
Booking terms and conditions apply and re-booking fees are charged for cancellations made with less than 4 weeks notice
Fantastic course to get you on the water and gaining confidence regardless of your experience. Thanks so much for another great experience.
“Loved the SUP taster . Will definitely be doing this again . Thanks to everyone there.”
Cheers for yesterday lucy, bon sup. Think I’m one sup closer to our goal!