We have two centres in Brighton please make sure you head to the correct one. This activity takes place at Hove Lagoon, Kingsway, Hove, East Sussex BN3 4LX. You may find the Journey Planning web site useful.
Cycling : We have a cycle parking area, don’t forget your lock
Car Parking : We do not have our own car park. There is parking within 150m of Hove Lagoon on Wharf Road opposite Hove Lagoon. There is metered parking on the southside of the A259 Kingsway.
There are residential roads opposite the lagoon which have small residential parking restrictions, please check at time of parking.
Bus : Brighton and Hove Bus company : Route 1, 1A, 6
This service travels along Church Road which is about 3 mins walk north of the seafront. Get off at the Wish Road or Brittany Court stops. This service runs from Brighton Station. If you arrive at Hove Station you need to walk directly south to Church Road where you can meet this service.
Coastliner 700 service. Stage Coach
Train : National Rail enquiries: 08457 484950 www.nationalrail.co.uk
We recommend travelling to Portslade station (1 mile from us ) or Hove station (2 miles from us) Brighton station is 3 miles from us.
National Express run many routes to Brighton. Brighton coach station in near the pier which is about 3 miles from us.
What to bring
Swimwear: To wear under the wetsuit and impact vests which are provided.
Towel: We have hot showers so you will need a towel to dry off at the end of the session.
Bag: To put your wet things in.
Other stuff: Suitable clothing for the weather on the day. Sunscreen, layers in case the wind gets up, anorak or waterproof jacket.
What Not to bring
Valuables. We have free lockers in the changing rooms but better safe than sorry.
The water quality in Hove Lagoon is independently tested regularly during the summer season as part of the Brighton and Hove City Councils seafront beach water quality testing. Lagoon Watersports opened in 1994 , since that date the water in Hove Lagoon has passed every test.
Independent water quality test results from 2017 testing
- Natural algae growth occurs in the Lagoon. This algae can look unpleasant particularly when it blows to one corner of the Lagoon. It is harmless. It is NOT blue/green algae that fresh water lakes can suffer from.
- Sometimes there is a smell. This smell is caused by the natural process of the algae.
- Brighton and Hove City Council treat the water with an organic substance to help suppress the algae growth.
- The water in the Lagoon is sea water rather than fresh water which prevents some common water quality issues that lakes suffer from.
- The Lagoon is topped up with fresh seawater every few days.
- The Lagoon is very shallow so the sun can penetrate to the bottom.
- There is a high level of evaporation and leakage in the Lagoon.
- The sea water that goes into the Lagoon meets all bathing test requirements.
When you make a booking with us we assign staff and equipment to deliver the booking. That means we are unable to offer that space to anyone else.
If you cancel that space we are likely to incur a loss. We will have already made commitments to staff and we may have turned away other bookings. We are unable to get insurance that covers us for this loss.
We therefore do not offer refunds for cancellations. If we did not do this we would have to put up our prices for everyone.
Our cancellation policy applies in all circumstances including no shows, illness, relocation, transport failure and bereavement.
- If you pay by credit card your cancellation may be covered by your credit card provider.
- Your holiday insurance may cover you for course where you stay on our boats.
- You may be able to take out insurance to course cancellation from World First by calling 0345 90 80161
Please see our full Booking Terms and Conditions
You may cancel your course/event at any time. Written notification from the Lead Name in your group is required. Cancellation will only be accepted on payment of the cancellation charges as set out below. The following cancellation fees apply :
• More than 8 weeks before course/event – loss of deposit
• Less than 8 weeks before course/event – 100% of price of course/event
At our discretion, we may allow a forfeited deposit to be used towards an alternative course/event run by us or the same course on an alternative date. In each case, such a booking will be at the price prevailing at the time of re-booking and subject to an admin charge of £25 for courses over £150 and £10 for courses under £150. In these circumstances we offer significant discounts on rebooking within 12 months.
The discount is based on how much notice was given for the booking cancellation and non discounted course rates:
• More than 4 weeks before course/event – 90% discount on full brochure rates
• 2- 4 weeks before course/event – 75% discount on full brochure rates
• 13 days – 72 hours before course/event – 50% discount on full brochure rates
• 72 hours or less – 25% discount on full brochure rates
For example if you book a course worth £200 and need to change the date of that course:
4 weeks notice this will cost you an additional £20
2 weeks notice this will cost you an additional £50
3 days notice this will cost you an additional £100
24 hours notice this will cost you an additional £150
Postponement by us due to bad weather
On some occasions courses may need to be postponed due to bad weather. In these circumstances we will offer you alternative dates, no refund will be available.
On some occasions group events may need to be postponed due to bad weather. In these circumstances we will offer you alternative dates.
If you are unable or unwilling to accept these new dates then we will refund you the full cost of the course less 15%.