Had your first SUP lesson with us, self-taught or taken a beginner/intro course elsewhere? We’ve got the rest of your SUP journey covered from here…
SUPing is an amazing, versatile activity and bit of extra training and guidance will really open up a whole new world. The Improvers Stand Up Paddleboard Course is a great way to improve your SUP skills and find out more about this incredible sport. This course will help you take your next paddleboarding steps by improving your confidence and skills. The course will introduce you to improved paddle techniques, SUP knowledge, progressing your skills and expanding your paddling horizons.
• Essential paddle techniques
• Introduction to other SUP disciplines such as racing, surfing and touring
• Understanding suitable conditions and gaining knowledge of currents, tides and weather
• Choosing the right kit
• Run by experienced and friendly BSUPA instructors
• All specialised equipment is provided, including wetsuits
• Suitable for those with a couple of hours SUP experience
• Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 6 people
• Perfect learning location of Hove Lagoon combining shallow and flat water right next to the sea which we will paddle on if conditions are suitable
• Great Clubhouse with changing rooms, hot showers and licensed cafe.
Course Objective: You will improve your confidence and paddling technique, be able to assess suitable conditions to go paddling in and gain a basic understanding of the range of SUP boards and paddles for different conditions.
More information: Read about one mans SUP journey
Prerequisites: Learn to Stand Up Paddleboard Course or equivalent
What to bring: Swimwear, towel and something to wear on your fee in the water. Wetsuit, buoyancy aid and SUP equipment hire is included.
Booking terms and conditions apply and re-booking fees are charged for cancellations made with less than 4 weeks notice
“Good fun defiantly recommend to a friend”