Kids Dinghy RYA Sailing Stage 1 Email us
Course Content Includes:
- Basic sailing with some experience of steering and handling the boat
- Launching and recovery
- Parts of the boat
- Basic sailing
- Run by highly experienced and friendly RYA instructors
- All specialised equipment is provided, including wetsuits
- Suitable for complete beginners or those with a little experience
- Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 8 children
- Master the basics of sailing a small dinghy
- Perfect learning location of Hove Lagoon combining shallow and flat water right next to the sea to make the most of the sea breezes
- We aim to take photos of the Activities which you can download at the end of the course for a small fee.
Course Objective: At the end of the course you will have a basic understanding of how a boat sails.
This course usually runs on a Monday and Tuesday. You can extend the course to include Wednesday - Friday by adding the Kids Dinghy Stage 2 course for an addition £135, usually price £200. To add select the option when booking online and the discount will be applied at the last stage of the check out.Prerequisites: None
Suitability: Age 6+
What to bring: All you will need to bring is swimwear, towel and some shoes to wear in the water. We sell neoprene shoes in the office. Wetsuit, buoyancy aid and equipment hire is included.
Please make sure you read our booking terms and conditions and understand our cancellation policy. Rebooking fees are charged for cancellations made with less than 4 weeks notice.
Course DatesFor details click on the date.
“Really great introduction to the Lagoon and all the stuff that goes on there. We will definitely do more stuff there in the future as a family”.
I am writing on behalf of the parents whose children attended a first time sailing session on Friday at \'The Lagoon\' . They all had such an excellent experience that we wanted to write to congratulate you on the service we all had. The children had a 2 hour session with Ben and Isaac, and as well as giving the children a fantastic lesson, in pretty windy conditions, Ben and Issac provided an informative and fun time, as well as promoting confidence.
"Really loved it - bit wet"
"it was mighty - I loved it!!!"