Kids Dinghy Sailing Stage 1 Email us
The RYA Youth Sailing Stage 1 course will introduce a basic understanding of how a boat sails.
Course Content Includes:
- Basic sailing with some experience of steering and handling the boat
- Launching and recovery
- Parts of the boat
- Basic sailing
- Run by highly experienced and friendly RYA instructors
- All specialised equipment is provided, including wetsuits
- Suitable for complete beginners or those with a little experience
- Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 8 children
- Master the basics of sailing a small dinghy
- Perfect learning location of Hove Lagoon combining shallow and flat water right next to the sea to make the most of the sea breezes
Course Objective: At the end of the course you will have a basic understanding of how a boat sails
Suitability: Age 6+
What to bring: All you will need to bring is swimwear, towel and some shoes to wear in the water. We sell neoprene shoes in the office. Wetsuit, buoyancy aid and equipment hire is included.
SAVE £65 on the Dinghy Stage 2 course. We recommend combining this course with the Kids Dinghy Stage 2 course. To claim your discount once you have added this course to your shopping basket just click to 'continue shopping' and select the Kids Dinghy Stage 2 course and you will receive a £65 discount making the combined cost £275.
Please make sure you read our booking terms and conditions and understand our cancellation policy. Rebooking fees are charged for cancellations made with less than 4 weeks notice.
Course DatesFor details click on the date.
“Really great introduction to the Lagoon and all the stuff that goes on there. We will definitely do more stuff there in the future as a family”.
I am writing on behalf of the parents whose children attended a first time sailing session on Friday at \'The Lagoon\' . They all had such an excellent experience that we wanted to write to congratulate you on the service we all had. The children had a 2 hour session with Ben and Isaac, and as well as giving the children a fantastic lesson, in pretty windy conditions, Ben and Issac provided an informative and fun time, as well as promoting confidence.
"Really loved it - bit wet"
"it was mighty - I loved it!!!"