The Kids & Youth Windsurf Stage 1 course is the ideal way to learn to windsurf. The combination of special light weight sails designed for kids and the shallow calm waters of Hove Lagoon mean windsurfing is fully accessible to kids as young as 8.
Kids Will :
- Learn to windsurf
- Have a great time
- Make new friends
- Have an adventure
We Provide :
- Full tuition from RYA qualified and DBS checked instructors
- All equipment including wetsuits
- Perfect environment of Hove Lagoon
Course Content Includes:
- Get on the water and discover windsurfing
- We’ll get you up and windsurfing in no time
- Basic rigging, steering and windsurf handling
Why Choose Kids Windsurfing at Hove Lagoon
- Run by highly experienced and friendly RYA instructors
- Instructors are DBS checked
- We get kids windsurfing
- All specialised equipment is provided, including wetsuits
- Suitable for complete beginners or those with a little experience
- Group sizes are kept small
- Perfect learning location of Hove Lagoon combining shallow and flat water right next to the sea to make the most of the sea breezes
Course Objective: At the end of the course you will be able to sail to a chosen point on the water and return to where you started in light winds.
Suitability: Age 8+
What to bring: All you will need to bring is swimwear, towel and some shoes to wear in the water. Wetsuit, buoyancy aid and equipment hire is included.
Please make sure you read our booking terms and conditions and understand our cancellation policy. Rebooking fees are charged for cancellations made with less than 4 weeks notice.This course usually runs on a Monday and Tuesday. You can extend the course to include Wednesday – Friday by adding the Kids Dinghy Stage 2 course for an additional £155.
To add the Stage 2 select the option when booking on
“Brilliant – really enjoyed the race at the end”
“Very professional. Great instructors”
“Very impressed with everyone at Hove Lagoon”