We are entering a team for the Rolex Fastnet Race in 2013, are you up for a challenge?
The Rolex Fastnet Race is the highlight of the Royal Ocean Racing Club offshore season. At 608 miles, the Rolex Fastnet is one of the worlds Classic Ocean Races attracting up to 300 entries from across the world.
The opportunity exists for five people to join our two racing skippers and take on this challenge. If you are new to offshore yacht sailing or looking to take the next step up from club racing, Lagoon Racing’s training program and coaching staff will give you the skills needed to race a yacht competitively.
The Lagoon campaign consists of two initial training weekends, and continued coaching over the four offshore races and into the Fastnet. In all you will receive 19 days of coaching across the campaign, and sail close to 1200 nautical miles.
Lagoon Racing’s Beneteau First 35 is two years old and fully race specified with North 3DL Race sails and everything needed to seriously campaign offshore.
If you want to fully immerse yourself in yacht racing and be in at the deep end, our coaching staff will give you the skills to race.
No previous experience is needed, just commitment, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude, and a good level of personal fitness.
- Two Racing skippers
- Two Training weekends & continuous professional coaching thought the campaign
- Lagoon Racing Musto Corsica Jacket with Rolex Fastnet Logo
- Lagoon Racing shirt with Rolex Fastnet Logo
- Sea Survival & ISAF offshore safety course (2 Days)
- One day first aid at sea course
- All Race entry fees / mooring fees / fuel & gas
- All Food – except restaurant meals
- Loan of matching team foul weather kit
- 12% discount on Musto Sailing kit
- Four RORC qualifying races & Rolex Fastnet
Days off work/holiday required: Estimate 9 Days
Total No days sailing: 19
Additional delivery days available for those wanting to log miles: 12
Total cost of package: £3,486
Payment plan – £496.00 deposit & 5 installments of £598.00
Davie Mossman: 01273 424842 (option 1)